Junior QA Analyst
We’re looking for a solid Junior QA Analyst. Daily work will include documenting test cases, executing tests on critical projects, report issues and raising concerns to the team. The position is full time, based in Montreal or Toronto. We operate on a hybrid work model (both in person and remote).
With offices in Montreal and Toronto, altavia.cloudraker specializes in delivering leading-edge marketing and technology solutions that empower retail & health brands to design a future people want to engage with.
We call this Bionic Growth.
We advance businesses by reframing the challenge. By unlocking insight and unleashing technology, we develop products & systems that create human connections. Bridging strategy and activation, we empower your business to make strategic decisions to foster bionic growth and create a sustainable competitive advantage.
As part of Altavia—an independent, global federation of entrepreneurs—we have 38 years of industry experience in retail and health support for our clients across 45 countries. Our dedicated retail and health advisors are experts in business design, brand building, digital technology and data performance.
- Develop, document and maintain test cases based on requirements and specifications;
- Execute manual tests cases, cross browser, accessibility and screen reading;
- Report defects, raise issues or concerns to the team;
- Perform regression testing at each critical phase of pre-production to identify potential issues;
- Conduct smoke testing post release to ensure that no new or remaining issues impacts the end-users;
- Proofread copy/layout against developed products;
- Suggest ways to help improve qa process;
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Product Owners, and technical leads;
- Reviewing bug reports to determine whether they are legitimate issues or duplicates of previously reported issues
- Report status of test cases, test coverage, and overall product quality to QA lead weekly
- Experience working with Product Owners, Project managers, front-end and back-end developers;
- 1-2 years experience in web development testing, and mobile application testing;
- BS or MS degree in computer science, engineering, or relevant experience;
- Experience with JIRA;
- Ability to write clear, concise test cases;
- Experience with test-cases management software XRAY (nice-to-have);
- Ability to do white and black box testing;
- Experience with web accessibility testing (WCAG) (nice-to-have);
- Great knowledge of methodologies of QA;
- Experience with Agile testing methodology (nice-to-have);
- Experience with load and stress testing (nice-to-have);
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize tasks.
- Experience working with e-commerce platforms (nice-to-have).
- Agency experience (nice-to-have)
- Attention to detail, curious and willing to learn
- An expert at writing test cases derived from business, functional and non-functional specifications;
- Organized and structured
- Outstanding ability to communicate
- Bilingual (French-English)
- Problem solving and analytical mind
- Customer service focused
- Be able to think both critically and creatively
- Customer focused
- A team player, who loves sharing ideas and knowledge with others;
- Passionate about staying informed about new technology, trends and best practices;
- An entrepreneur at heart, with a ‘get it done’ attitude;
- An easy going, light-hearted person who doesn’t take yourself too seriously;
- Able to stay cool as a cucumber... even when deadlines are looming.